Passed the ColdFusion 8 Certification Exam

Passed the ColdFusion 8 Certification Exam today. Scored a 95 and could not have done it without CF8 Exam Buster.

ColdFusion 8 Adobe Certified Expert - Advanced

I have heard all the debate on whether or not to take the CF exam and I think most arguments against taking it are rubbish.

The real benefit of taking any exam is the fact that you get exposed to parts of the language that you never knew existed. Just studying for the exam helped me find tags, attributes, and functions I wouldn’t even have thought to look for. And, if you are a freelancer, it can only help to have this credential.

So, if you can pony up the $150 for the test and the $40 for Exam Buster, there is no reason why you shouldn’t take the exam. Just go through the Exam Buster tests until you consistently score in the 90′s and you are a lock to pass.

Posted in ColdFusion, Work. Tags: . Permalink. Both comments and trackbacks are closed.

10 Comments

1. Kaushal
    November 6, 2011 at 8:57 am | Permalink

Hello Jen,

Congrats for clearing the CF8 exam. :)

I am planning to apply for it, but i am yet to start studying for it.

Can you please paste the links from where you studied the CF 8 materials.

That would help since you already have cleared the exam.

Thanks,
    Kaushal Shah

2. June 7, 2010 at 8:48 am | Permalink

@Rajesh

You can add GA code in header or footer. New asynchronous code that GA has out now prefers the header where you would normally put all other js. Basically, it depends on how the site is set up to begin with. If it has an include of some kind for the header, you are all set and you can put it there.

3. June 7, 2010 at 8:17 am | Permalink

Hello jen,

Congrats on passing the certificate.

I am SEO from past 3 years, now i joined a new company where all the websites are developed in Coldfusion which is totally new to me. I am trying to learn it in bits & pieces, nice to see expert like you here. I wanted to know how can i add Google analytic code in my website to track whats going on with it(visitors, conversion)
    Thanks in Advance.

4. vad
    April 3, 2010 at 2:39 pm | Permalink

thank you very much Jen!
    Have a great Easter

5. April 3, 2010 at 1:49 pm | Permalink

@vad
    If you study using CF Exam Buster, you will be OK. If anything stood out it was the XML functions but they are covered by Exam Buster.

6. vad
    April 3, 2010 at 12:13 pm | Permalink

hi congrats
    Any Q that u remember or think stand out?

7. February 6, 2010 at 2:30 pm | Permalink

@David

I used Exam Buster and looked up anything I missed or was completely clueless on in the online documentation.

Hit Exam Buster hard. Do all the tests over and over again. Then generate a few random ones (can be done in Exam Buster) and once you are consistently hitting the 90's with your scores, schedule your test.

Good luck.

8. David
    February 6, 2010 at 12:10 pm | Permalink

Jen,
    Did you just use exam buster and online free material to study for the exam? What resources did you use besides exam buster? I'm off to buy exam buster. Thanks in advance.

9. January 5, 2010 at 6:39 pm | Permalink

Thanks, William. It does set me apart at work although all I might get from them is reimbursement for the test fees. It's just as difficult here to get a raise probably because it's the same type of environment with contract work. I loved studying for it. Learning is cool; felt like I was really using my brain again.

10. January 5, 2010 at 4:45 pm | Permalink

Congrats, Jen! I remember how excited I was when I passed the ColdFusion MX exam and got the "Advanced" badge like you. Not only is the exam a good resume builder but it allowed me to bargain for a big pay raise since I had objective proof that my coding skills were legit. And you know how tough a pay raise was to get a SPC!